Software Developer - Dublin City Centre
The successful applicant will work within a highly focused development team to analyze, design, prototype, implement, test and support Bloomberg PolarLake Enterprise Data Management (EDM) service. Based in Dublin city centre, the successful applicants will gain valuable experience of a wide variety of leading-edge technologies along with exposure to all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules for the Bloomberg PolarLake Enterprise Data Management (EDM)service
- Work with Business Analysts to translate and understand product specifications.
- Project management including estimation, scheduling, milestone tracking, verification, risk management, and project status reporting as it relates to product development
- Responsible for bug fixing issues with the software applications
- On-going client support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Java Platform and Enterprise APIs with proven Java Programming experience
- A self-learning attitude, ability to work with team as well as independently, with minimal guidance
- User level knowledge in Linux/Solaris based systems
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented software design concepts and their implementation
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and XML technologies (HTTP, XML, XML Schema, XQuery or XSLT and XPath).
- Database skills (preferable Oracle 11g), including knowledge of relational database schema design, SQL DML and DDL and programmatic data access using JDBC
- Desire to advance your knowledge of software development with the Java programming language and its ecosystem of open-source libraries and frameworks (Struts, Spring, Hibernate etc.).
- SQL Query performance tuning experience an advantage
- Knowledge of Financial Services & Capital Markets a plus
- Knowledge of Vendor Pricing and Reference Data Feeds
PolarLake, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P, is a global leader in applying Semantic Web and Big Data Technologies to the Data challenges of the leading Financial Services firms in the world. PolarLake's Platform enables these firms to acquire, manage and distribute Financial and Reference Data with speed, agility and control never before seen with traditional approaches.